Chahoua cage size

Erizo

Chahoua Egg
What size do you use for your cages? I want to keep a Chahoua and I want a PVC to make it easier to keep humidity. I was planning a 18x18x30 and I plan on making it bioactive with lots of ledges, plants and hiding places. What do you think of that size? I'm listening to the recent Herptoculture Network podcast and when they talk about size they talk about smaller is better. I wanted to give as much space as possible but if smaller is better for the gecko that works too. What's your thoughts? Also, what brand of PVC do you recommend? I had liked the cages from Focus habitats. Any others to consider?

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
What size do you use for your cages? I want to keep a Chahoua and I want a PVC to make it easier to keep humidity. I was planning a 18x18x30 and I plan on making it bioactive with lots of ledges, plants and hiding places. What do you think of that size? I'm listening to the recent Herptoculture Network podcast and when they talk about size they talk about smaller is better. I wanted to give as much space as possible but if smaller is better for the gecko that works too. What's your thoughts? Also, what brand of PVC do you recommend? I had liked the cages from Focus habitats. Any others to consider?

Hi Erizo,

Are your measurements in cm or inches? If in inches, I think you are good to go. If in cm, you will want something a bit larger.

I bought my enclosures from D.W. Geckos & Terraria and have really enjoyed them.

7266e4_41298a68ea324adfaf69f056ec8f33e3~mv2.webp