Chahoua noises/talking.

Heidi82

Chahoua Egg
Just curious, how often your chewies "talk" at night? Ive heard they can but was hoping it wasnt a common occurence(like leachies) lol. I have a 2.5 month old and Ive heard a couple "squawks" from it, always in the morning, around 6am. Thats the same time my cats are always begging for food, so hopefully its not thinking the cats are someone to communicate with!

Andrea IGA

Chahoua Hatchling
Couples can be very "noisy" at night. I had a case of a female starting to call the male when she was laying eggs and I opened the cage. Other times, males can "sing" if they smell a female in the near cage, but I experienced that few times.
I have males that become really aggressive and "squawkers" in spring when I walk in the room, they fly over the screenin tentative of aggression!

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
My pairs are the most vocal in the night during breeding season... they can be quite loud. There are other times where it seems like they'll squabble or disagree, and sometimes the sounds can be a little shocking for house guests who aren't familiar!