Chahoua Not Laying Dud Eggs

msroka

Chahoua Egg
Hey guys, I just wanted to see if this is normal. When I received my chahoua last year it laid a dud egg within the first month in its new cage, but hasn’t since after that. I found her digging holes in my Viv But never found any eggs anywhere. I’ve checked everywhere. Is there something wrong that she isn’t laying anymore? Her humidity ranges between 50ish to 80 through the day. I also have a night time heat lamp that I have through the day for her to keep the temps between 68-80 degrees. Not sure what is going on here?

Attachments

• 71A593CA-0A11-44F9-8959-E7DE1AB73175.jpeg
    71A593CA-0A11-44F9-8959-E7DE1AB73175.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 3

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
Hey guys, I just wanted to see if this is normal. When I received my chahoua last year it laid a dud egg within the first month in its new cage, but hasn’t since after that. I found her digging holes in my Viv But never found any eggs anywhere. I’ve checked everywhere. Is there something wrong that she isn’t laying anymore? Her humidity ranges between 50ish to 80 through the day. I also have a night time heat lamp that I have through the day for her to keep the temps between 68-80 degrees. Not sure what is going on here?

Hello and welcome, @msroka! I'm sorry for getting to your post rather late.

May I ask how old your female is? I have had some females lay eggs early (say, 16-18 months) and then not again for 6 months or so. I wonder if that could be it?