Drinking from water dish

scobro

Chahoua Egg
Hi,
I'm a snake guy but am planning on getting a Chahoua. Was really excited about going bioactive and making a custom background. It was only after I made the background for all three sides that I thought, wait, they drink water from the glass.

So my question is how frequently do they drink from the water dish and/or would drinking water from the plants be enough? On the left and right sides I have maybe 5" of glass at the bottom (it's a 24" tall). So between that limited amount of glass space, a dish and plants would that be enough water, or should I think about tearing it down to open up more space on the sides?

I'm pissed at myself for not thinking about it but I was really digging making him a custom background.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
Hi,
I'm a snake guy but am planning on getting a Chahoua. Was really excited about going bioactive and making a custom background. It was only after I made the background for all three sides that I thought, wait, they drink water from the glass.

So my question is how frequently do they drink from the water dish and/or would drinking water from the plants be enough? On the left and right sides I have maybe 5" of glass at the bottom (it's a 24" tall). So between that limited amount of glass space, a dish and plants would that be enough water, or should I think about tearing it down to open up more space on the sides?

I'm pissed at myself for not thinking about it but I was really digging making him a custom background.

Hello! I think what you have done so far is probably fine... I have used bioactive enclosures like this before and my geckos still drink water off leaves, and I also offer a water bowl that I've seen them use many times. For that reason, I'd still plan to include a water bowl.

Show us some pics of the final enclosure!