Dud egg came to life

Frogmom

Chahoua Egg
I found one pair of eggs on March 25 , 2018. They were infertile, not pearly white and kind of dented. I was surprised because this pair has always given 4 perfect clutches every year. Since it was time to get an egg hatching yogurt container ready any way , I put them in and kept them. They candled yellow for 2 months ( ? ) . Now the container is full and I thought time to get those duds out. But one last candling after 3 MONTHS shows a red interior and veins . And it's starting to get more round and a bit larger . Anyone kept an infertile egg for months and discovered it was in fact fertile ? I may have to wait 3-4 more months to see if it actually hatches...... pretty sure the attached egg isn't good , but I'll just leave it on like I always do. The whitest eggs in the photos are 1 month old fertile eggs for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_2641.JPG
    IMG_2641.JPG
    517.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2642.JPG
    460.4 KB · Views: 4

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
I have had some eggs do this over the years and none of them have hatched. It's strange how they can seem to take on a life of their own, get big, swell up, show some red veining and tissue... but all of mine ultimately fail if I don't see the red cheerio within ~36 hours after laying.

Keep us posted though! I hope yours hatches!