First dud egg. Now what?

ice raptor

Chahoua Egg
My female finally laid her first dud egg for me ontop of where her food dishes are. My question is now that she has laid that. When should i start expecting to look for fertile eggs inside of the cage?

MelissaSR

Moderator & mad scientist
Staff member
Generally these guys lay every 6-8 weeks. You will be able to notice her physically gravid as they get pretty round!

These guys are know to not bury their eggs so be sure to check often. Keeping them bioactive with a thick moss top layer helps keep the eggs getting too dried out. Also be sure to supplement her well before and after laying.

ice raptor

Chahoua Egg
Generally these guys lay every 6-8 weeks. You will be able to notice her physically gravid as they get pretty round!

These guys are know to not bury their eggs so be sure to check often. Keeping them bioactive with a thick moss top layer helps keep the eggs getting too dried out. Also be sure to supplement her well before and after laying.
So from that dud i should start looking for fertile eggs in about 6-8 weeks?

MelissaSR

Moderator & mad scientist
Staff member
Yep! Like I said you will notice her getting rather large, and she may get one more clutch in before the end of the season. My gals tend to stop right around September naturally.

ice raptor

Chahoua Egg
Yep! Like I said you will notice her getting rather large, and she may get one more clutch in before the end of the season. My gals tend to stop right around September naturally.
Well she hasnt laid a single thing up till this point with the dud so im hoping for something.