Has anyone been to New Caledonia?

Jkdaniels15

Chahoua Egg
The wife and I had our trip booked last June (2019) but the eldest daughters high school graduation came up. Just curious if anyone had been and was able to collect and data/measurements (humidity, uva/uvb, etc.)

Andrea IGA

Chahoua Hatchling
Ops, a little late...

Anyway NC is very variable in landscapes and even each forest is different from another.. I think some studies have been done, but not so detailed.

Vao

Chahoua Egg
I was in NC twice, the first time in 2007 and the second time in februari 2013.
All Diplodactylidae live in the lower parts of the island, between the main road and the coast.
We did not find R. lechianus on Pine Island itself but on its satelite islands Moro and Menore,
Correlophus ciliatus and Mniarogekko chahoua mainly on the west coast of Pine Island.
We were there in februari or march.
We colected some data but these are limited to only 30 days.

Vao

Chahoua Egg
Me personally, I have no pictures because I was filming. I have several good shots but always from the same animal.
These animals live high in the trees, always 6 meters and higher and you can only see them at night.

Andrea IGA

Chahoua Hatchling
Sorry for my multiple requests, but can you share the pics of the only animal you photographed?
It would be great!

Thanks a lot

Jkdaniels15

Chahoua Egg
I was in NC twice, the first time in 2007 and the second time in februari 2013.
All Diplodactylidae live in the lower parts of the island, between the main road and the coast.
We did not find R. lechianus on Pine Island itself but on its satelite islands Moro and Menore,
Correlophus ciliatus and Mniarogekko chahoua mainly on the west coast of Pine Island.
We were there in februari or march.
We colected some data but these are limited to only 30 days.
Sorry for my multiple requests, but can you share the pics of the only animal you photographed?
It would be great!

Thanks a lot
We’re any of the data ever published?

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
Me personally, I have no pictures because I was filming. I have several good shots but always from the same animal.
These animals live high in the trees, always 6 meters and higher and you can only see them at night.

Following up on some others... would love to see photo or video if you have it. I am envious of your expeditions!