Hatchlings - how do you keep them?

Rufus

Chahoua Hatchling
Just wondered how everyone keeps hatchlings before selling them, tubs or vivariums and in a rack system or something else?
Am looking to design something, also looking at hooking it up to a misting system too, so any suggestions welcome :)

Darnell05

Chahoua Egg
Just wondered how everyone keeps hatchlings before selling them, tubs or vivariums and in a rack system or something else?
Am looking to design something, also looking at hooking it up to a misting system too, so any suggestions welcome :)

Ive kept them in critter keepers for a number of years. I start them out on paper towels and a small piece of cork and a vine. Super simple setup but it allows you to see the signs of them eating. Once they're started well, i move them to coco fiber and soil until they move up to a bigger enclosure.

MelissaSR

Moderator & mad scientist
Staff member
I keep my hatchlings in 6qt containers with a plant and cork bark. Also give them a small dish of moss. If I am keeping them I upgrade them to the extra small all access containers at around 8g, and they stay in there until 15-20g. Housed the same way just with more cork bark, and still a small dish with moss. At 15-20g they move into a larger storage container which is set up bioactive, so that a moss bowl is no longer needed.