Leachie Linguine or Chewie Fettucini?

LornaRedSky

Chahoua Egg
Thinking about adding these to the rotation. Has anyone tried it? What are your results?

Edit-curious about this one because of the probiotics. Reminds me of the Clarks formula which seems to be hard to find these days.

Last edited:

Canvas_geckos

Chahoua Hatchling
I use chewie fettuccine in my rotation but I have to mix it with another brand or else no one will touch it. It also molds super fast (after one day!) which is a downside.

Best mixes are with Pangea breeding or BPZ & some bee pollen.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
I have been trying to feed the Chewie Fettuccine for months with no luck. A few months ago, I bought all of the popular diets and have been feeding all of them in different rotation... just for my own curiosity. I've feed Chewie Fettuccine 3x with really poor results... like barely a lick mark.

When I bought the diets, I also bought the Leachie Linguini but haven't fed it yet. I would be interested in hearing from some folks who offered the leachie diet to chahoua, and how that went?

I'll be trying it over the next few weeks and can report back.

Canvas_geckos

Chahoua Hatchling
Hey so I started adding my chewie fettucini to pange papaya flavor and that got really good feeding response with my crew also.
One thing I’m noticing consistently is that the PI I’ve started bringing in, respond VERY differently to the mixed diets. The ones I got from Troy won’t eat any of the diets I offer, so I had to talk with him about what he fed and adjust that into my rotation. Then I have one from Sundown that licks the bowl clean after every diet I offer (Pangea, chewy fettucini, BPZ). The others were either only fed insects previously or baby food, and they have a decent feeding response so far (I’m at least seeing lick marks) and they’re all eating live insects well & regularly.
My “opinion” is that if they’re used to one diet already, it can take a month or longer to see any changes.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
@Canvas_geckos I've seen over the last year that the older they are, the more stubborn they become about what they'll eat. I've found it increasingly difficult to get new (older) geckos adjusted after they make their way here.

I often wonder about stuff like differences in water in various places. I bet it does make more of a difference than we think...