One bad egg, one good egg

Sarah_RainyDay

Chahoua Egg
Hey all! I asked this question on fb but only got a couple of responses, so I am curious what you seasoned breeders think.

I have a pair of attached chewie eggs where one has gone bad and molded significantly. Previously I have had it where an infertile egg is attached to a fertile eggs, but it's never gotten really moldy like this one. Is it better to try to cut the bad egg off, or will leaving it attached not affect the good egg apart from being unsightly? The offending pair of eggs has been temporarily moved to a separate container for now.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
In my experience, the moldy egg should become pretty wet and decompose a bit, making it easy to pull off the healthy egg. If it doesn't pull apart easily, I would cut it off indeed :)

Last edited:

MelissaSR

Moderator & mad scientist
Staff member
I remove clearly infertile eggs from the good egg. A razorblade makes easy work to remove it

TroysGeckos

Chahoua Hatchling
I generally leave the bad egg attached to the good egg, although I don't see any reason not remove it from the good egg as long as your careful not to jostle/disturb the good egg too much.