Popular Baby Food Flavors

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
Years ago, feeding baby food amounted to witchcraft among Rhacodactylus keepers, but I feel like at least in the case of Chahoua, it's something that's been more openly spoken about. I have no qualms about the fact that I've fed my collection a baby food-based diet for many years with great success.

With that in mind, I'd love to hear from some of the other baby food feeders about what flavors seem popular or work best. My crew has always favored mango, but they also seem to enjoy a little variety: Apricot, Peach and Apples + Blueberries. But I notice that those are often more popular when fed as a treat. and less so when fed consistently.

Who else can share their experience about what's been popular?

Also, I'd love to know how you feed it, as I know some blend it into Pangea or supplement it with Ca, vitamins and minerals as I do.

MelissaSR

Moderator & mad scientist
Staff member
My gang love apple, and stone fruit the most (apricot, peach, nectarine, fresh white flesh nectarine is loved), melon, fig, mango, and I will make them a goji berry reserve sometimes which they really love. Anymore I offer it with Pangea and add extra calcium to it, or herpevite to it. In the past I have done foods like pineapple...back away with your pitch forks lol, its actually not as acid as people think, blueberries have the same pH and only have 1g of citric acid per 100g of fruit, blueberries for instance is 0.6g of citric acid in 100g of fruit. Persimmons, kiwi, and so many more I can't name them all lol