Repashy - What am I Doing Wrong?

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
Hi All,

A few weeks ago, I purchased many of the mainstream diets with the plan to test all of them with my collection. This included Repashy because I know they've released several new versions over the last few years and I've seen/read some folks share positive experiences with it.

However, after trying to feed it over 3 different feedings, not a single one of my geckos has eaten it. I've watched them after placing it in tanks, and there is not even an initial lick or attempt to taste it from many of my geckos. My cresteds ate a bit of it, but not a single one of the chahoua over three feedings.

So, for those of you who offer Repashy diets... what am I doing wrong? Are you mixing something into the food that I'm not? Help!

L.A.C. Herps

Chahoua Egg
We feed both Repashy (Classic blend, Mango, seasonal flavors) and Pangea (Watermelon and Apricot flavor) to our colony. Over the years we have found that we get a much better feeding response when we equally mix the two products. The consistency of the diet is much better as well...Possibly part of the reason it is more palatable to the geckos? I'm not sure. We will also occasionally add a ripe peach, banana or some other type of fruit just to mix it up a bit for them. They always seem to appreciate that :)

As a side note, we would like to "Thank you" for taking the time to put these forums together. While social media is nice, it can also be a big PITA! It will be nice to get back to more of that 'community' feel. :)

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
I have also noticed that if I use any single diet, the response is pretty meh. I usually blend two and add a fruit and they love it pretty much regardless of which two and fruit combo it is.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
We feed both Repashy (Classic blend, Mango, seasonal flavors) and Pangea (Watermelon and Apricot flavor) to our colony. Over the years we have found that we get a much better feeding response when we equally mix the two products. The consistency of the diet is much better as well...Possibly part of the reason it is more palatable to the geckos? I'm not sure. We will also occasionally add a ripe peach, banana or some other type of fruit just to mix it up a bit for them. They always seem to appreciate that :)

As a side note, we would like to "Thank you" for taking the time to put these forums together. While social media is nice, it can also be a big PITA! It will be nice to get back to more of that 'community' feel. :)

This is super helpful... I'll try blending some of the Repashy with Pangea Watermelon and report back.

Also... thanks for joining! Glad to have you guys here! :)

ELSGeckos.com

Chahoua Egg
I've totally given up on MRPs. Also, I find that I don't get much consumption of any liquid diet from my chewies in the colder months, only when the temps increase and their hunger levels are higher and maybe I can't keep up with their bug diet as well (I think they'd appreciate crickets/roaches daily in the summer but that's too much work for me :)

Canvas_geckos

Chahoua Hatchling
Since Cherry Bomb is a complete diet and nobody really cares for it, I mix in Pangea fruit treat. This combo makes them go nuts on fruit day!