ML growth

Canvas_geckos

Chahoua Hatchling
My adult female skyrocketed the last month and gained 7 grams...my male...weight hasn’t gone up or down. They’re on the same diets and offered roaches & crickets twice a week...

She doesn’t look gravid, and hasn’t laid duds this year.

What’s typical growth rate for males? I was thinking of introducing them next season, but with his lack of gains, that might not happen.

Trying to post photos of them on the scale. Male is 42, female 51 grams

Attachments

• 14B45E06-A4A1-4E2E-B011-75CAF96852D5.jpeg
    14B45E06-A4A1-4E2E-B011-75CAF96852D5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Canvas_geckos

Chahoua Hatchling
I am unsure of their exact ages. Eve was sold to me as an adult, no further information. I will say, this morning I found a dud clutch in her laybox! She’s been with me almost a year, and this is the first set she’s laid since being here.

Adam was placed with me as “juvenile”. Will ask Bonnie his age ✌️

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
I am unsure of their exact ages. Eve was sold to me as an adult, no further information. I will say, this morning I found a dud clutch in her laybox! She’s been with me almost a year, and this is the first set she’s laid since being here.

Adam was placed with me as “juvenile”. Will ask Bonnie his age ✌

If I recall correctly, I'd say most of my GTs were around 25-30g at one year old, and ultimately topped out at 45-50g as adults, attaining that weight around 2.5 years. So their growth between 1 and 2.5 years was quite slow.

I've also made more progress with diets and feeding since I bred GTs, so I should maybe try that again :)

@ELSGeckos.com has some nice ones and can probably provide more context on growth rates.

Canvas_geckos

Chahoua Hatchling
I have a male GT that just hit one year, and last month was 34g. I have an unsexed that is almost a year, and 24g but have only had this one about a month. It’s a strong eater, so might hit a growth spurt

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
I have a male GT that just hit one year, and last month was 34g. I have an unsexed that is almost a year, and 24g but have only had this one about a month. It’s a strong eater, so might hit a growth spurt

That sounds right from what I recall!