Nutrition Breakdowns: Insects, Fruits and more

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
Ok guys, I dont know why I didnt share this stuff with you all before because I shared to the leachie folks ages ago. I have a bunch of charts that im going to leave here for you homebrew diet peeps.

Attachments

• fruit calcium:phosphorus ratios.png
    fruit calcium:phosphorus ratios.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 23

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
I know chahoua aren't rhacodactylus anymore but still useful information

Attachments

• Rhac diet and chemical discrimination.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 18

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
General reptile nutrition, compares the known nutrient requirement differences between carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores.

Attachments

• Nutrition in Reptiles - Management and Nutrition - Veterinary Manual.pdf
    60.8 KB · Views: 8

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
This last document is a monster of my own making. The first sheet is a spreadsheet where you can input the weight in grams of various ingredients that you are adding to your own homemade diet. The second sheet compares the nutritional breakdown of your homemade recipe (that you inputed onto the first sheet) with commercially available diets. The last is a nutritional breakdown of various ingredients that ive looked into as food sources over the years.

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
So its generally accepted that between 2:1 is ideal, lower calcium levels than that and the phosphorus inhibits the absorption of calcium. I find that with the girls laying eggs all the time, 3:1 is closer to what I am giving them after supplementation.