Terminology: "Super High White" vs. "High White" vs. "White Collar" vs. "White Wings" vs. "Green Collar"

MelissaSR

Moderator & mad scientist
Staff member
I am late to the party! I like to think of white collars along the line of what people consider pinstripes in crested geckos, you have a full pin stripe, and a partial pinstripe. With white collars I would consider:
What would you all consider this chahoua? I'm leaning towards white collar, but it does have some broken spaces.

View attachment 16

Take this animal for example. It clearly has a white collar, but is it full or is it partial? To me I would consider this a partial (or broken) white collar. It extends from shoulder to shoulder, however there are some gaps in it. To me white shoulders is along the same line as white wings, significantly less white, but still present. So for me I personally think to myself (although you are all free to disagree) when there is 60% or more white collar present, it is a partial or a broken white collar. When it is complete, it is just a white collar.

MelissaSR

Staff member
This animal though, I have always been a bit stumped as to what to call her. I do consider her a white collar however she does have a bit of flecks here and there missing. I however wouldnt argue with someone if they said nope thats a partial collar also, because it also isnt quite perfect

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
This animal though, I have always been a bit stumped as to what to call her. I do consider her a white collar however she does have a bit of flecks here and there missing. I however wouldnt argue with someone if they said nope thats a partial collar also, because it also isnt quite perfect
View attachment 248

I'd probably call that one a white collar?

MelissaSR

Staff member
I love this one - pattern, color, collar. Did you hatch it?
The top one I still have, he is sitting around 50g now. The bottom pic, Angie aka Mama T's owns now, she has turned a beautiful pin and is the older sibling to the top pics animal. They are out of my pair Bijou x Lilou