White Collar Chahoua vs. Green Collar Chahoua

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
I know this subject has been discussed at different points, but what are your thoughts on chahoua with white collars vs. chahoua with green collars? Is one more desirable than the other? Why is there a variance? There's a lot to consider here, IMO.

From what I have seen, babies who hatch with cream or off-white colored white pattern and markings tend to grow up and have a green hue to those markings as adults.

Babies that hatch with stark white markings/collars tend to keep that white color as adults.

Here is one of the interesting things to me: The last pair of babies that I hatched for this season... one has a cream collar/pattern, and the other's is stark white. I plan to grow them up a bit to see how they develop, because they are siblings from the same parents.

Does anyone else have thoughts or research on this subject?

Dragonborn Exotics (Ryan)

Chahoua Hatchling
I dont have anything helpful to add at the moment, but will be sure to keep this in mind and observe it in the babies I hatch and raise. I do have a high white baby with stark white marks and a high white baby with more cream colored marks. Both are from the same parents. I will keep an eye on them and report back.

I was wondering of you have ever encountered a chahoua where the white turns a darkish grey color instead of green? When one of my adult females fires all the way up, her white collar turns grey. It's really odd. I have heard this from another breeder as well. The same breeder that I got this particular gecko from.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
I dont have anything helpful to add at the moment, but will be sure to keep this in mind and observe it in the babies I hatch and raise. I do have a high white baby with stark white marks and a high white baby with more cream colored marks. Both are from the same parents. I will keep an eye on them and report back.

I was wondering of you have ever encountered a chahoua where the white turns a darkish grey color instead of green? When one of my adult females fires all the way up, her white collar turns grey. It's really odd. I have heard this from another breeder as well. The same breeder that I got this particular gecko from.

Sort of like this? This is the same gecko:

83049385_1330322237150894_8070907843185737728_n.jpg

83056886_3424042474304176_984488967615283200_o.jpg