What fruit diet are you currently feeding your chahoua?

What diet are you currently feeding your chahoua?

• Big Fat Geckos Diet

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Black Panther Zoological Diet

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Clark's Gecko Diet

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I make my own!

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Leapin' Leachies Chewie Fettuccine

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Pangea Diet (Note which variation below)

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Repashy (Note which variation below)

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
Thinking about ordering small sizes to test:

- Leapin Leachies Chewie Fettuccine
- Leapin Leachies Leachie Lasagna
- Clark's Gecko Diet
- Big Fat Geckos Smoothie Mix - Breeder and Juvenile Formula
- Repashy Grubs'N' Fruit
- BPZ Black Panther Diet

... anyone want to give me a yay or nay before I move forward?

Dragonborn Exotics (Ryan)

Chahoua Hatchling
Thinking about ordering small sizes to test:

- Leapin Leachies Chewie Fettuccine
- Leapin Leachies Leachie Lasagna
- Clark's Gecko Diet
- Big Fat Geckos Smoothie Mix - Breeder and Juvenile Formula
- Repashy Grubs'N' Fruit
- BPZ Black Panther Diet

... anyone want to give me a yay or nay before I move forward?
I am curious to see how they react to the Repashy Grubs 'N' Fruit. I had less chahoua than I do now when I tried it for the first and last time. I was not impressed with the results one bit. I dont recall any of my geckos touching it and if they did, it was not much. I offered it many times and finally got sick of them not eating it so I fed it to my dubia as a dry mix lol. My care has changed since then and also have more species, so the results may be different if I tried again.

TroysGeckos

Chahoua Hatchling
Here is a homemade recipe I offer often:

• 4 packets of organic Just Mangos baby food
  • 4 tablespoons of 100% Pure Cricket Powder
  • 6 tablespoons of organic, grass fed whey protein
  • 2 tablespoons of Pangea Gecko Diet
  • 4 heaping tablespoons of Miner-All Indoor Formula vitamins
  • Pinch of organic Spirulina
  • Few servings of BENE-BAC powder
  • Healthy squirt of raw honey
  • Water (filling the rest of the single serve blender container)

Dragonborn Exotics (Ryan)

Chahoua Hatchling
Here is a homemade recipe I offer often:

• 4 packets of organic Just Mangos baby food
  • 4 tablespoons of 100% Pure Cricket Powder
  • 6 tablespoons of organic, grass fed whey protein
  • 2 tablespoons of Pangea Gecko Diet
  • 4 heaping tablespoons of Miner-All Indoor Formula vitamins
  • Pinch of organic Spirulina
  • Few servings of BENE-BAC powder
  • Healthy squirt of raw honey
  • Water (filling the rest of the single serve blender container)
Do you have better feeding responses with this diet than with straight pangea?

Rufus

Chahoua Hatchling
Pangea - we rotate the flavours. The breeding formula seems to give the males the runs... They all love papaya, then next favorite is fig and insects. Bugs - I bought an adult male at a show who was gorgeous and was told he loved dubias....I bought a tub of them, he wouldn't touch them!! My others were not thrilled about them either. I've tried wax worms, the girls like them. Crickets they love but we're not fans... Noisy, smelly and escape experts! We might try silk worms next...by far the best insects I have are isopods - the chahouas love those, high in calcium and work well in my bio active vivariums. We have had to keep separate tubs of isopods to restock the vivariums... Easy to keep and cheap!

Rufus

Chahoua Hatchling
Those that use miner all - do you have UVB lighting and if so which miner all do you use - indoor or outdoor?

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
61699251_1140342922815494_863060290718138368_o.jpg

ordered :)

Canvas_geckos

Chahoua Hatchling
Cresteds and Chahouha are all in the same diet rotation, with the exception that the Chewies get 2 bug nights and the cresteds only get 1.

The bags are kind of a pain so I reuse coffee tins as seen in the photo. The “fruit only” are fruit complete diets (a mix of repashy cherry and Pangea apricot and mango currently). Every other day is a different tin.

Attachments

• F440C44F-19A6-4CCD-86DC-B6CB9BB5B930.jpeg
    F440C44F-19A6-4CCD-86DC-B6CB9BB5B930.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • A9D1D901-DB22-4DB2-808A-9AF2DEFC2A33.jpeg
    A9D1D901-DB22-4DB2-808A-9AF2DEFC2A33.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
I just did the pangea breeder formula with fresh nectarines in it tonight and I have never seen my group go after a batch of food so intensely. One of my males smelled it as I was putting it in the holder next to his tube and actually came out and bit the bowl before I got it in the holder.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
I just did the pangea breeder formula with fresh nectarines in it tonight and I have never seen my group go after a batch of food so intensely. One of my males smelled it as I was putting it in the holder next to his tube and actually came out and bit the bowl before I got it in the holder.

Dang!! I'm going to have to try that. One of the best things about this time of year is having so much fruit ripe and in season :love:

I mixed up a diet last week with Cantaloupe as the base and while it congealed within 2-3 hours, many of them ate about half their bowls when I put it in the tanks. I really think they like some variety!

ArborealsAnonymous

Staff member
Dang!! I'm going to have to try that. One of the best things about this time of year is having so much fruit ripe and in season :love:

I mixed up a diet last week with Cantaloupe as the base and while it congealed within 2-3 hours, many of them ate about half their bowls when I put it in the tanks. I really think they like some variety!
Yeah, I have a couple each of apricot, nectarine, peach, apple, pear and plum trees. I’ve processed several hundred pounds of fruit in the last few weeks and have been stuffing the geckos with as much as they want of it, I haven’t had time for literally anything else lately!

StikyPaws

Chahoua Egg
On hand I have Repashy, Leapin Leachie Chewie fettuccini (I think that's what it's called lol), pangea growth/breeder, pangea mango, pangea strawberry and banana. I also have some supplements that I mix in occasionally. I feed each of mine a unique mixture of all of the above lol. They all get a base of repashy then I add in whichever flavor I think they'd like, then add in leepin leachie or the breeder formula for the younger chahoua and more "mainentance" type foods (like regular pangea flavors) for the adult males.

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
On hand I have Repashy, Leapin Leachie Chewie fettuccini (I think that's what it's called lol), pangea growth/breeder, pangea mango, pangea strawberry and banana. I also have some supplements that I mix in occasionally. I feed each of mine a unique mixture of all of the above lol. They all get a base of repashy then I add in whichever flavor I think they'd like, then add in leepin leachie or the breeder formula for the younger chahoua and more "mainentance" type foods (like regular pangea flavors) for the adult males.

Which combinations do they seem to like best?

StikyPaws

Chahoua Egg
Which combinations do they seem to like best?
Depends on the Chahoua, lol. The younger one loves the Pangea Growth formula but only if I mix it with the repashy (she doesn't like either by themselves). The older one will eat whatever, lol.

Oh! I was also mistaken, I have the Pangea FIG and Insect one, not mango.

As a side note - the hatchlings are always more interested in roaches than the adults are, anyone notice how the older the gecko the more... lazy? uninterested in live food offerings, they are?

Thanks Everyone for all this great information... Curious if anyone blends there live feeders in with their diets...I am currently experimenting with this and having trouble with the mix turning into a hard gelatin clump by morning. I have tried honey but not sure how much to use to try to keep the mix from turning into jello. If anyone has experience with this and has found the go to insect to diet blend please share. Thanks everyone so much

bKoala

Chahoua Egg
Out of all the Pangea flavors, the best feeding response I get is from the fig and insects blend. It has the highest protein percentage out of all of the Pangea flavors. I found that when I add a little bit of miner-all indoor formula and mix in a dash of Naked brand mango fruit juice smoothie, the feeding response is even better

Michael

The Chahoua Chamber
Staff member
Out of all the Pangea flavors, the best feeding response I get is from the fig and insects blend. It has the highest protein percentage out of all of the Pangea flavors. I found that when I add a little bit of miner-all indoor formula and mix in a dash of Naked brand mango fruit juice smoothie, the feeding response is even better

I've used the Naked mango juice also, and they definitely seem to like it. You add that into the Pangea Fig and Insects?